As we all know when we talk about internet we are not 100% safe , and always live under a threat of hacking .
“security is our first priority”
If you are changing your email passwords in several weeks or months and think that your data is safe then you are might be wrong because your gmail account is still hackable .
If you still don’t enable 2-step authentication for your gmail account , then it’s time to turn it on and be safe from illegal activities
what is Google 2-step authentication in gmail account
Google 2-step authentication is a latest feature provide by google , which requires both password and otp ( one time password ) to get login into your account . In previous methods we have to only enter correct passwords to get access , 2-step authentication feature is much more safer and makes you data secure
steps to enable Google 2-step verification feature in gmail
- firstly you have to visit google 2-step verification page and login your account by entering email id and password
- Now click on “Get started” to enable 2-step verification
- In next step you have to re-enter your password
- Now in next step you have to enter your phone number
- select your desired way to receive otp code
- Then click on”next”
- Now you have to enter the received code or otp ( one time password)
- Now in next page you have to click on “Turn on”
- congrats , you have successfully turned on 2-step verification for your gmail id
How to turn off 2-step verification for your gmail account
- By clicking on “Turn off” option you can easily turn off 2 -step verification feature
- To change or edit phone number click on edit option
Google 2-step verification advanced features
Google also provide several advanced features for your account, this helps to make your account more secure
you can enable all these features according to your requirement
so now you successfully enabled this verification method for your gmail account .
if you like this post then share it on social media to support us and comment below regarding any query