Record PC/laptop screen with screencastify Chrome Extension
Do, you want to record your computer screen for making a youtube video or any other tutorial, but don’t know how to do it, then you are at the right place because today I am going to share a complete guide on ” How to record PC/laptop screen “. So, without wasting time, let’s start.
How to download and configure Screencastify extension on PC.
Note: Screencastify lite version is totally free, but if you want to access more advanced feature such as crop, trim etc then you need to upgrade your account to a premium version.
- First, you need to open Chrome browser on your PC or laptop.
- Just click on “Menu” option and go to ” More Tools >> Extension “
- Now, scroll down the page and Tap on ” Get More Extensions “
- Search ” Screencastify” extension and click on ” Add to Chrome ” option
- Now, a popup is open on your screen, click on ” Add Extension “
- Once, your download is complete, you will see “Screencastify ” extension logo on your Chrome browser, just tap on it.
- Now, press on ” Allow ” to give permission for camera/microphone access.
- Finally, choose the location where you want to store your recording, you can either choose “Google Drive ” or ” Locally on this device “.
- Click “Next” and sign in using a Google account
- Now, the configuration is complete.
How to record Laptop/PC screen with Screencastify
Note: If you are using free version then you can only record video up to 10 minutes long, that’s why I recommend you to buy premium version for getting more additional features and benefits.
- Click on “screencastify “extension logo located at the top right corner of the webpage
- Now, a dialog box appears on your screen, just select what you want to record either Tab, desktop or cam.
- If you want to record your voice then enable ” Microphone ” option, else disable it. ( It also gives several additional options such as record “Tab audio” or “System audio” )
- Finally, click on ” Record ” button to start your recording ( You can easily “Pause” or “End your recording “)
- You can watch recorded video by going to ” Your Recordings ” section.
So, through this way, you can easily record computer screen without downloading any other additional software or plugin such as Java, Flash etc.
If you like this post then share it on social media and comment below regarding any query.