Do you want to block any website, but don’t know how to do it then you are at the right place.
Here is a step by step guide through which you can easily block any specific URL or “word” in a single click, by installing a “Block site” extension in any web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera mini etc.
So, without wasting much more time, let’s start
How to block a website on Google Chrome browser
- First, you need to open Google Chrome browser and click on Three vertical dots located at the top right side of the webpage.
- Go to “More tools” << “Extensions“.
- Now scroll down the page and tap on ” Get more extension “
- Search ” Block site “, and click on ” Add to Chrome ” option.
5. Finally sit back and relax, downloading is in progress now.
- Once, downloading is complete, just click on “Block site ” extension icon and select ” Options” menu.
2. Now, a new page is open in front of you where you get different options such as “blocked site,
blocked word, export CSV etc.
Step 3: How to Block any specific URL or website
Do you want to block any website which is either irrelevant for you children or contains adult material, then you can simply do it by following below steps .
- Just click on ” Blocked sites ” option and enter the URL of those websites which you want to block.
- For an example, I am going to show you how anyone can block popular social media websites like Facebook and Twitter.
3. Not only this, it also gives you an option to set redirect web page for blocked website
4. Now, if anyone tries to access blocked website then it gets error message (screenshot attached below )
Note: You can also upload “CSV ” file to block millions of websites (URL ) with a single click.
Step 4: How to Block any specific word from search result
Do you want to block any specific word result or queries from a search engine like google, yahoo etc?
If your answer is “yes” then here is the solution for you, follow below steps to get more details.
- Simply click on ” Blocked words” and Enable “Custom list” to add more words.
- If you want to obstruct adult-related terms then simply add it to get blocked from search result. ( you can also set redirect web page ).
- Blog site extension also gives you an additional feature to set “active days and time ” which means now you can able to select custom day and interval to access blocked website .
Block site also offers premium subscription ( $ 4.99 ) for their users which are having several extra advantages such as:
- Extension becomes uninstallable without user permission.
- parental control
- stopping procrastination
So why are you waiting, go and install this amazing extension to get a benefit of it.
If you like this post then share it on social media and comment below regarding any query.