With over 228 Million users and 1 Billion + downloads on Google PlayStore, Undoubtedly Instagram is one of the most popular photos and video sharing platform.
In our day to day life, we heavily use it to share our memorable moment with friend and followers. But sometimes you might still feel that Instagram kills your smartphone battery and consumes internet data plan very fast.
Do you know ?….. “Instagram” application comes with some secret settings that help you to save cellular data, battery, and storage on our smartphone.
If you don’t know it yet, then read this post until the end to get more information. So without any further ado, let’s get started.
How to fix it….
Most of the time, I use my android smartphone to access Instagram account, and after doing some quick adjustments in settings I am able to save battery consumption, internet data, and storage.
So if you are iOS users then don’t worry simply follow the below guide because steps are almost same for both the operating system( Android and iOS)
1. Enable Less Cellular Data Use:
I bet most of you don’t know that there is a hidden ” Cellular Data use ” option in the Instagram application. So what are you waiting for, just go and enable this feature to conserve internet data, Here’s how to do it.
Note: This setting prevents videos in your feed from preloading, but it doesn’t mean that it disable autoplay. So whenever a user scrolls down to a specific video it starts loading.
- First of all open Instagram app and log in your account by simply filling username and password
- Now, go to “Profile” section.
- Here you can see three vertical dots at the top right corner of the screen, just click on it.
- Now under “Settings”, you will find an option ” cellular data use” simply tap on it.
- Finally, tap on ” Use Less Data” to activate it, that’s done.
2. Upload Basic Quality Images:
It is especially for those who are connected to a poor internet connection and want to upload high- quality images on Instagram then, as usual, it takes a lot of time to get uploaded and consumes much more data.
However, if you are trying to save cellular data and want speedy uploads then just go with ” Basic” quality images. This setting basically decreases the pixels ratio and reduce the size of the photos.
- Go to “Settings” and here you will see an option “Upload quality”, just tap on it
- Now select ” Basic”, that’s it
- So, now whenever you upload files it compressed automatically.
3. Save storage space
By default, Every time we take a photo or post videos, Instagram automatically saves it in our smartphone gallery. So if you want to change this setting then, just follow the below steps.
- Just go to “Profile”, under “Settings” you can see two different options “Save original photos ” and ” Save videos after posting “.
- Simply Turn it “off”, In order to save memory and prevent the smartphone from lagging.
- Additionally, if you also want to Turn off saving ” Shared photos and videos” then, just go back to “Home ” page, tap on the “Camera” icon located at the top left corner.
- Now, click on the Gear icon.
- Simply disable “Save shared photos and videos ” toggle switch.
4. Disable Unwanted Notifications:
Do you know, by turning off notifications of “Likes” and “Comment “, You can able to fix battery drainage issues on the smartphone while using Instagram …..Yes, you read it right.
- Just Go to “Profile” << “Settings” << “Push Notifications”
- Now select whether you want to enable or disable notifications of likes, comment, new followers etc.
- I highly recommend you to select the option ” From people I follow”, it surely helps you to fix battery drainage.
Like this post….. share it on social media, don’t forget to comment below regarding any query.