Recently, The non-profit Mozilla Foundation, reveals their most minimalistic and powerful web browser “Firefox Quantum” (aka Firefox 57). The company claims that quantum consumes 30% less memory usage as compared to “Google Chrome” and load pages 2x faster from its previous version.
Not only this, it also includes some smart features like “Pockets” and has inbuilt support for WASM and webVR that is simply great.
In addition, firefox quantum includes much more customization option and also gone back to “Google” for default search engine.
However in most of the testing and comparison, Quantum beats Chrome in terms of both performance and speed.
So if you are one who is planning to switch from “Google Chrome” to “Firefox quantum “then this post is especially for you.
Here, I share a guide to import bookmarks from Google Chrome to Firefox quantum. So without further ado, let’s get started.
Import bookmarks as an HTML file
- First of all, you need to export bookmark from Chrome to an HTML file, To do this just open Chrome browser, click on three vertical dots located at the top-right corner of the webpage.
- Now go to “Bookmarks” and select “Bookmark manager” or you can also press shortcut key (Ctrl+Shift+O) to do the same.
- Next, simply click on “Organize” menu and here you can see an option saying “Export bookmarks to the HTML file”, just tap on it.
- After this, just enter a “Name” and choose a location to save the file.
- Now, simply close “Google Chrome” and open “firefox quantum” web browser, just tap on “Library” icon, located at the top of the webpage.
- Go to “Bookmarks”<< “Show all Bookmarks” or press shortcut key (Ctrl+Shift+B).
- Here you will see “Import and Backup option” on the toolbar, just click on it and select “Import bookmarks from HTML”.
- Now navigate to the folder where you save “Chrome bookmark file” and open it, that’s done.
Import bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox Quantum.
- Open Firefox quantum web browser, click on “Library” icon, located at the top-right of the webpage
- Next, click on “Bookmarks” << “Show all bookmarks”
- Now, just tap on “Import and Backup” option located at the toolbar
- After this, click on option “Import data from another browser “
- Next, simply select ” chrome” and also select which items you want to import ( for example if you want to migrate only bookmarks and saved password then just mark tick on it ).
- Finally, click ” Next” and wait for few seconds and after that, you will get a message that import is complete, so that’s it.
Also Read: 8 best ways to speed up Google Chrome
Like this post ….. share it on social media and comment below regarding any query.