Spotify is one of the most popular music streaming service, it receives over 100 million downloads on Google PlayStore and also receives 4.6 rating out of 5, that is simply great. As usual, the service is available in both paid and free version.
By using Spotify premium version, users can able to stream/download a ton of music tracks for offline listening without any advertisement interruption, It also has an option to stream tracks in “Extreme” quality i.e. up to 320 kbps.
But you might still be using the free version and don’t know that you can even able of streaming high-quality music on Spotify by changing some simple settings.
As we know, by default Spotify stream music tracks at 96 kbps on mobile and 160 kbps on the computer but here I am going to share a simple trick that helps to listen melodious tracks in 320 kbps
Also Read: How to install and use Spotify app in India.
How it works on the Mobile
- First of all, just open the Spotify app on your smartphone, and go to “Library”
- Next, tap on “Settings” or “Gear” icon located at the top right corner.
- Now scroll down until you see an option ” Music quality “.
- However, there is two different option where a user can able to set both download and streaming music quality on Spotify.
- As I mentioned above, Spotify has three different audio qualities i.e “Normal”, “High” and “Extreme” that streams music at 96 kbps,160 kbps, and 320 kbps respectively.
- As well as it also includes ” Automatic quality” option that helps in adjusting bitrate automatically based on your network strength, and speed.
Note: So, if you have a poor or slow internet connection then I recommend to activate ” Automatic” option.
- But, if you are on a better network and want to download or stream high-quality music on Spotify then simply select ” Extreme” and enjoy.
- Keep in mind that selecting high bit rate means it consumes both more data and disk space on our mobile.
Note: However, the user can able to turn off “download using cellular data” by changing settings.
Note: If you want to conserve cellular data plan then go for “High ” quality stream and ” extreme” download.
On Computer (Available only for Paid users)
- Just open Spotify application on your desktop.
- Here, you will see a downward button, next to username and profile icon, (located at the top right corner), just click on it.
- Now Go to settings and turn on ” High quality streaming” under “Music quality”, that’s it.
Like this post, share it on social media and don’t forget to comment whether you like this trick or not.