These days, Cryptocurrencies have gained a lot of popularity especially after the sudden increase in the price of Bitcoin.
As we know they are decentralized and virtual thus no any government has the right to track any payments or transactions.
But these all situations leads to the problem of Cryptojacking that means now any untrusted source or websites can easily use your computer or mobile web browser to mine cryptocurrencies even without taking the user’s permission,
Yes, it is a major threat for all of us and thus we need to take several steps against these types of coin mining malware because we know very well that ” Precaution is always better than cure“.
Here’s how it works :
Recently, some of the popular websites including the “Pirate Bay” has spotted to use “Coin hive” miner without giving any prior knowledge to users, It not only soaks all your CPU power but also causes a physical harm to your device.
So, you need to be aware of these malicious activities.
How to check whether your computer is secretly mining cryptocurrencies or not.
Check CPU usage
The task is very simple and easy, you just need to open task manager on your computer and see whether there is any eye-catching spike is present or not after visiting a certain website.
For an alternative, you can also install the web browser’s extension to stop cryptocurrency mining.
How to block Cryptocurrency miners in the computer’s web browser:
In order to do this, you just need to install an extension named as ” No-coin miner”. it is free to use and available for all the popular ones like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and opera, it perfectly blocks all the coin miners.
So what are you waiting for just follow the below steps to install it right now.
- First of all, open Google Chrome and tap on three vertical dots located at the upper right corner of the webpage
- Now click on “More tools” << “Extensions”
- Next, simply scroll down until you will find an option “Get more extensions”, just tap on it.
- Here you will see a search box, type “No coin miner” and press enter.
- Finally, install the extension by clicking on “Add to Chrome” button, that’s it.
Note: Alternately you can also install and use “Miner block” extension for the Google Chrome and “Coin-block” add-on for Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox and press shortcut keys “Ctrl+Shift+A” to go into Add-ons section.
- Now, on the left side of the webpage, you will see the “Extensions” option, click on it.
- Just type the ” Coin block ” in the search bar and install it, this lightweight add-on automatically kills all those crypto miners which are hosted on Coin- hive
Note: If you are one who uses Internet Explorer, Safari, and Edge more often, then you need to install a best third-party antivirus or anti-malware software.
It protects your device from illegal practices or you can also simply migrate to Google chrome, firefox, and opera.
How to stop Cryptocurrency miners on Android smartphone
- To do this, firstly open Android compatible Google chrome web browser, click on three vertical dots and tap on “Settings”.
Also Read: 10 best android keyboards of 2018, you must try.
Like this post ….. Share it on social media.