Sometimes we want to blur sensitive information in images before sharing it online, and for this, we need photo editing tools like photoshop etc.
But what to do, if you don’t know how to use photoshop because as we know, it is pretty difficult to use.
That’s why in this post I am going to share a step by step guide that definitely helps you in blurring an image or text without using photoshop.
Here I include some most common photo editing tools like Gimp, Microsoft Word etc.
So without further ado, let’ get started.
How to Blur an image or Text in Gimp
- First of all, open the picture in Gimp or alternatively paste the image directly by pressing the shortcut key (Ctrl+V)
- Once it’s done, tap on the “Tools” option located on the menu bar and then hover the mouse over “Selection Tool”
- Here you will see a list of various options, simply choose any one according to the preference and need.
- For example, use the “Rectangular selection” tool to draw the perfect square or rectangular selection borders, the “free selection” tools for irregular shapes and ellipse tool for outlining elliptical shapes and paths.
- Now simply drag the mouse over part of an image which you want to blur.
- After this, click “Filters” from the menu bar << Go to “Blur” and you will see 6 different types of blur.
How to use it…..
- Use “Pixelize” to simplify image into an array of solid colored squares
- If you want more blurred image then use gaussian blur, simply by adjusting the vertical and horizontal radius settings.
- Use tileable to blur the edges of an image.
I highly recommend you to try all these options one by one and observe what works better for you.
Note: If you want to blur text only, then use normal blur option repeatedly or Gaussian blur to get the better output.
- Finally, press shortcut key (Ctrl+shift+S) and enter the file name to save the image.
How to blur an image using the Android smartphone:
- To do this, firstly you just need to download and install an app called “blur image” from the play store
- Next, open the application and choose picture directly from the gallery.
- Finally, choose “Blur” or “pixelate” image option from the bottom and drag your finger on the required portion to apply the effect.
- You can also use Erase option to undo all the performed actions, that’s it.
How to Blur a Picture in Microsoft Word
- Just insert the image into Microsoft Word document and Go to “Format” located at the right side of the pictures tool tab.
- Next, select “Artistic Effects” and choose Blur option.
- If you are not satisfied with the output blurred picture then simply adjust settings according to your preference.
- To do this, just select “Artistic Effects option” and use sliders to customize the blur settings.
- Here the user can also able to increase or decrease the blur radius, so don’t forget to give it a try.
- Once all done, Go to “file”<< “Save As”, choose the desired location and enter the file name to save it.
Also Read: 20 Best Android Launcher apps of 2018
Like this post, share it on social media.