We all know Amazon prime videos have a huge catalog of movies and Tv shows belonging to different genres and categories that offers limitless entertainment.
I bet many of you love to use this platform on regular basis in order to stream favorite videos.
But it also contains a lot of adult content that is not relevant to underaged kids and thus you need to keep your children away from it.
The best way to do this is to block inappropriate material that is not suited for kids and for this you need to change few settings.
That’s why here we share a guide to set up parental controls in Amazon prime videos.
So without further ado, let’s get started.
Set up a PIN to restrict content:
- To start, first of all, download and install Amazon prime video app and log in your account by filling credentials such as username and password
- Once, it’s done just tap on the hamburger menu icon, located at the upper top-left corner of the app.
- Now go to “Settings” and click on “Parental Controls”.
- Next tap on “Viewing Restrictions”.
- After that, it will ask you to Re-enter the amazon prime account password, just fill it again to get access
- Now, create a 5-digit prime video pin that helps in preventing kids to watch adult content
Also Read: How to stop Facebook auto-play videos
Step 2: Apply viewing restrictions to control watch:
- After that, you will see a lot of options, just select “Age” to configure restrictions where green dot indicates that, if any user try to stream the video that is above an age restriction limit then there’s need to enter a 5-digit pin code to access it
- However, it also gives you an option to apply viewing restrictions on the selected device according to preference and need, So if you want then just enable it.
- This method ensures that now inappropriate video is restricted from kids profile (here’s a screenshot for the same)
But Amazon prime videos have also some limitations. Like Netflix, It doesn’t allow you to create a separate profile for kids viewing, that only contains cartoons, animated series, and moral values videos which is something you might miss a lot.
Like this post, share it on social media and don’t forget to comment regarding any suggestions.