Last updated on March 16th, 2019 at 12:07 pm
Fix Lag Issues In Fortnite / Increase FPS:
As we know, Fortnite Battle Royale from Epic games is gaining most attention these days. According to “Sullygnome”, it is the most viewed and streamed game on Twitch, not only this it also smashes all the records and becomes one of the biggest game in the internet history.
The game is available on all the major platforms including PC, PlayStation 4, Mac ios and Xbox one.
But there’s also a problem, many users around the world faces Fortnite lag issues.
That’s why today in this post we are going to share 9 best ways to fix lag in Fortnite.
You just need to optimize your PC settings to increase FPS and get the better gaming experience.
So what are you waiting for, without any further ado, let’s get started…..
Fortnite- Increase FPS and Fix Lag Issues
1. Change Priority to High :
To do this, you need to follow some simple steps
- First of all launch the Fortnite game, now press “Win+R” key to open the Run box and then type “taskmgr“, next just hit “Enter” to launch Windows task manager on your screen ( Alternatively you can also open it by pressing the shortcut key (Ctrl+Shift+Esc)
- Now, click on the “Details” tab, here scroll down to the bottom and just find Fortniteclient-win64-shipping.exe or Fortniteclient-win32-shipping.exe (As per system configuration)
- Next just right click on it, hover the mouse over ” Set Priority ” and then tap on ” High“
- After this, Simply give permission by clicking on ” Change Priority “.
So, by following the above steps your computer focus more power to the game and this might help to fix lagging issues in the Fortnite game on Windows PC.
2. Adjust Power Settings:
- To do this, firstly open “Control panel”
- Here just go to “System and Security” << “Power options“
- Now, make sure that it set to ” High Performance“.
3. Configure System Settings:
- Open “Run” box by pressing key ” Win+R”
- Next, type ” msconfig ” and hit the “Enter” button
- Now, go to ” Boot ” tab and click on ” Advanced options “
- Here, just enable ” Number of processors ” option and set it to the highest number or maximum you have ( For example if the highest number is 8 then set to it. )
- After this, just click on ” Apply” and ” Ok”
- Finally, restart the computer to apply the changes, that’s it.
4. End programs that consume high CPU usage:
If you want to enjoy the gameplay of Fortnite without facing any lag issues then make sure to end all those programs which consume high CPU usage in the background.
But keep in mind that you need to kill only those process only if you know what functionality actually it provides.
If you don’t know how to do this, then don’t forget to follow the below given steps.
- Open windows task manager by pressing shortcut key “Ctrl+ Shift+ Esc“
- Now click on ” Processes” tab
- Next, just tap on the “CPU ” column, this will show you all the processes based on the current CPU usage.
- Here, find and identify only those programs which are unnecessary and consumes high CPU usage.
- Now, just select the program and tab on ” End Task “, that’s it
Important: Don’t force quit “System -Idle process” because it might result in the abnormal behavior of the system
5. Adjust Visual Performance:
- Open “Control Panel“, go to “System and Security“
- Now tap on “System“, here on the bottoms left-side of the page you will find ” Advanced System Settings” option, simply tap on it
- Now go to “Advanced” tab, under “Performance” box you will find “Settings”, just click on it.
- Here under “Visual Effects” box, select ” Adjust for best performance“.
- Next, click on “Apply” and then press “Ok” to save the settings
6. Optimize Fortnite In-Game settings To Boost Performance:
- Simply, launch Fortnite and click on “Battle Royale”
- Go to “Settings”, by clicking on the hamburger menu or three lines located at the top right corner of the screen, here tap on the “Gear” icon to proceed further
- Now, make sure all your settings set to the lowest, here we provide recommended settings for the best gaming experience.
- Set Windowmode to Fullscreen
- Set Display Resolution as 1920*1080 (16:9) and Frame Rate Limit to Unlimited
- Also, Make sure that 3D Resolution set to 480p and View Distance to “Near“
- Set both “Shadows” and “Anti-aliasing” to Off
- Next, set “Texture“, “Effects“, and “Post-processing” to Low.
- Now, set the “Vsync“, “Motion Blur” and “Show Grass” to Off
- Finally, Set “Show FPS” to “ON“, that’s it
7. Run CCleaner:
- First of all, click here to download ccleaner on the computer
- Now just open it and tap on “Run CCleaner ” button to delete all the junk files.
- Next, go to “Registry” tab and scan for issues
- After this just tap on ” Fix selected issues” in order to boost the system performance.
8. Clear All Temporary Files:
- Go to the “Search” box, Type %appdata%, and press Enter.
- Now go the “appdata” folder found on the top, and next tap on ” Local “
- Here, just scroll down and find ” Temp ” folder, after this just double-click to open it.
- Now select all the files and folders using (Ctrl+A), after this Right-Click on it and press “Delete ( If you get an error message while deleting any folder then simply skip the file )
9. Edit Files To Get Rid Of Lag Issues In Fortnite- Battle Royale
Before starting this guide make sure that you can able to see all the hidden files inside your PC. If you don’t know whether this setting is enabled or not then just follow the below steps
- First of all, open “Control Panel“, Go to “Appearance and Personalization” << Folder Options
- Finally hit on the ” View” tab, located at the top and select “Show hidden files, folders, drives” under “Hidden files and folders”, Next click “ok” to save the settings.
- Once, it’s done go to “Local Disk C”, tap on “Users”
- Now click on your “Computer Name” >> “appdata“>>”Local“
- Here just scroll down and find the “FortniteGames” folder.
- Next tap on it navigate to “Saved” << “Config“<< “Windowsclient“
- After this, just Right-click on the “gameusersetting.ini” file and tap on “Edit“
- Here you need to change resolutions with these settings
- Now press “Ctrl+S” to save the settings.
Watch this video
So, by following all the above methods, you can surely able to increase FPS and fix lag issues in Fortnite Battle Royale game.
So don’t forget to give it a try and let us know what you think in the comment section.