Last updated on March 16th, 2019 at 12:06 pm
Nowadays, Two-factor Authentication is one of the best way to protect all your social media accounts for unauthorized access, this feature generally provides an additional security layer.
After applying it your identity will be verified only if you entered a correct code that is either you received on your linked phone number or on an email account.
However, still if you are not using this feature and don’t know how to enable two-step verification on some most popular social media websites/apps
Then what are you waiting for , without further ado, read this post to get more information.
Pinterest is one of the best social bookmarking website that allows users to share and explore new interest by posting visual contents like images.
If you already have an account on it or planning to create a new one , then don’t forget to enable two-factor authentication on Pinterest , here’s how
- To do this , first of all open Pinterest website, login your account and click on “Profile” icon , located at the top right corner
- Next click on “Settings“
- Now , scroll down the page until you find “Security” menu
- Here, just toggle the button next to “Require code at login” and re-enter your password to enable two- step authentication.
Twitter is another most popular social networking service .
Like Pinterest, it also allows their users to enable two-factor authentication both from web and using mobile application.
- To get started firstly visit www.twitter.com, now enter your login credentials to access the account
- After that just click on “Profile and Settings” icon, located at the top-right cornet of the
- Next ,click on ” Settings and privacy“
- Here under “Security” tab , you fill find , “Set up login verification” button , just tap on it
- Next click on “Start” button and after that enter the phone number that you would like to associate with twitter account
- Once you done it , click on “Send Code” and enter OTP to verify your phone number
Instagram is the most popular social networking platform that allows users to share photos and videos.
However if you want to enable Two-step verification on Instagram then you need to follow some simple steps, here’s how
- Open Instagram website/app, next authenticate your account by entering username and password
- If you are accessing Instagram on web then follow these steps , next tap on “Accounts” menu located at the top and after that click on “Privacy and Security” located at the left of the web page
- Now , scroll down the page and tap on “Enable Two-factor Authentication”
- Next, enter the phone number and verify your phone number by entering confirmation code
If you want to keep your facebook account safe from unauthorized access, Then the best possible way to do this is to activate two-factor authentication on facebook account
If you don’t know how this works , then read below steps
- Go to facebook website, sign in your account , next click on the downward arrow located at the top right corner of the web page
- Now tap on “Settings“
- On the left side you will see an option “Security and Login” , just click on it
- Scroll down the page and tap on “Use Two-factor Authentication“
- Click on ” Get started ” button and Re-enter your facebook password to continue
- Next select a “Security method” as “Text message” and add phone number to your account , finally click on “Next”
- Enter the five digit code received on your mobile, that’s it
Tumblr is a micro blogging platform , here user can enable Two-step verification by going to “Security” settings
- Sign in into your Tumblr account on the web, Tap on “Account” menu at the top
- After that , click on “Settings“
- Under “Security” , you will see an option of “Two-Factor authentication“, simply enable it by pressing down the toggle button
- After that , tap on “Enable SMS” , select your country and enter phone number ( Note: Users can also select authenticator app to get code)
- Finally , click on “Send Code” and verify your phone number by entering verification code received on the mobile, that’s it
Telegram users can also configure privacy and security settings , here you will also get an option to enable two-factor authentication feature
- First of all , open Telegram app and sign in your account by entering login credentials
- Next tap on hamburger menu icon located at the top left corner
- Now go to “Settings“
- Scroll down and tap on “Two step verification“
- After that tap on “Setup an additional password” ( it will be required when you log in your account on a new device)
- Now enter “Additional Password” two times
- next fill your recovery email address and verify the same by clicking on the link you received on email id, that’s it.
Linkedin is the business oriented social networking website with over 540 million active users, here you can enable two-factor authentication directly from the web
- To do this , firstly open Linkedin website , Sign your account
- Now click on “Me” icon located at the top and after that tap on “Settings and Privacy”
- Here under “Login and Security” you will see “Two step verification” option , just click on it and “Add a phone number”
- Enter the verification code received on your mobile
- Once its done , just Turn “ON” two-step verification feature by Re-entering the password
- Once again enter verification code to activate this feature for enhanced account security
8. Google +:
To protect all the accounts or services provided by Google like Gmail , Youtube, Google plus , Blogger etc.
You need to activate two step verification on Google account , the steps are very simple for doing the same
- Go to this page either from computer or using mobile
- Now enter email and password to sign in your Google account
- Next tap on “Get started ” button , located at the bottom of the page
- Select the country and enter your phone number
- Also select “Text message” on the option “How do you want to get codes”
- Tap on “Send code” button and after that enter the code received on your mobile, then click on “Next”
- Finally click on “Turn On” to enable Two-step verification on Google accounts
Also Read: How to delete Gmail account
Like this post …..share it on social media websites