Last updated on March 16th, 2019 at 12:07 pm
I know there are many reasons to delete Gmail account….. May be you create account few years back and now it’s of no use. May be you already have too many Gmail ID’s, May be you are receiving too many spam mails or you want to try out other different email services.
Well whatever your reason might be, it’s not difficult to delete Gmail account permanently.
Download Backup of Your Gmail Data Before Deleting the Account:
We already know , user can’t regain access to their Gmail account ,once it’s permanently deleted, thus the first and most important step is to download Gmail data.
If you don’t know how to do this , then read the below steps to get more information
- Firstly, click on the link takeout.google.com/settings/takeout
- Next , choose the data to include in the downloaded file, simply deselect all the Google products and choose only Gmail, click on “Next”
- On next page , Tap on “Create Archive“
Note: Sometimes Archives may takes a long time to create (depends upon the size of data).
- Once archive is created you will receive an email with the link that helps you to download the data into your device
Delete Your Gmail Account
- To do this , First of all open your favorite web browser on mobile device or computer and enter the URL accounts.google.com
- Next , just enter your email id and password to login into the account
- Now, click on the profile picture icon , located at the top right corner and click on ” My Accounts“
- Here, under “Account Preferences“, You will see ” Delete your account and services” option , just click on it to proceed further
- On next page , click on ” Delete Products” option
- Once again re-enter your password and tap on ” Sign In” button
Important : Here you can see a list of all the services attached to your Google account such as Gmail , Youtube , Google+ etc.
- After that , Tap on ” Bin ” icon located next to Gmail
- On next page , user need to enter an alternative email address to use other Google services associated with this account ( Note: You can’t use Gmail address in an alternative email id )
- Once. it’s done just tap on ” Send verification Email ” button
- Now, open the alternative email address you entered and check for the email received from Google having subject ” Gmail deletion confirmation“.
- Here you will see a link ,simply click on it and follow the instructions.
- Next just check mark the box showing message ” Yes I want to delete firstname.lastname@example.org permanenty from my Google account” and tap on ” Delete Gmail ” button , that’s it.
- So, finally Gmail account is permanently deleted and now you can’t able to send , receive or access previous emails.
Also Read: How to change language in Google chrome
Let us know what do you think in the comment section below
Like this post ….. share it on social media